Last year in Portland I wore a sailor-inspired white linen dress for BlytheCon 2011. I lost quite a bit of weight since June 2011 what made me happy but sorry for a lot of my fave clothes including the white dress. A dress recontruction wasn’t possible so I saved the skirt-part of the dress and refashioned it to a sailor-inspired skirt.
I wore it on May 1st intending to take part in Zoe’s from So, Zo…’s Me-Made-May-Challenge but then completely forgot to post my pledge *AIRHEAD*. I am new to her community and hope it is okay to hand it in today
I, Jasz from *jaszmade, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May ’12. I endeavour to wear a self-made outfit-piece or at least something I made like a pin, a bag, a [whatever thingie] each day for the duration of May 2012.
I am doing this because I really need a realistic idea about my upcoming wardrobe. I made a lot of awesome dresses this year but when it comes to wearing them I miss out because most of them are just a tad too overstyled for daily needs. I hope to find out what my wardrobe is really missing for future sewing decisions. I think I am going to refashion some more dresses and shirts because they are easier to choose out of the pile. Maybe I am just a seperate type of girl… we will see.
May 1st: refashioned dress to skirt and my beloved Daisy Pin
May 2nd: favourite knit-felted bag
Today, May 3rd, it is the 2nd tie dress I made (click here for the first tie dress). Even if the fabric choice is better this time – light weight 100% new wool – I better choose a more flattering pattern next time. Weight loss or not, squares are for Twigs not trunks.
As a dolly seamstress I am known for my tie dresses like the Twiggy Dress but I never thought about making a human sized one until I found this pattern in a 1967s BURDA Moden issue.
I just loved the simple form of it, added a short sleeve but passed on the bar over the bussom area.
My fabric choice was a light red pinstriped 95% new wool fabric with 5% spandex. I really love the colour of it, it is best described comparing it to the colour of lobster or shrimp.
Unfortunately the 5% spandex was enough to spoil the fun. The dress is crinkling when looking at it, a true horror to iron and I just cannot get the darts flat. It’s a pity. I am going to make another one of these using 100% new wool fabric.
Turquoise and Teal range almost finished. Please make your choice or let me know your wishes.
turquoise dress as is – CC (not pictured)
turquoise dress with orange primrose tie – Marise (3rd row, right)
turquoise dress – Amy (2nd row, right)
turquoise dress – Karin/fishknees (1st row, right)
turquoise dress with pink and white flowered tie – Fanny (not pictured)
teal petrol dress as is – Mel (first row left, the one I “glued” in)
teal dress – Gina (special wishes, to be made)
teal/petrol dress with somehow brown tie – Melissa/ohmabelmydear (1st row 2nd)
teal dress with red and dark flowers tie – Aurora (3rd row left)
teal dress with red and white tie – Cindy/Princess Di-O-Rama (3rd row middle)