Want sleep eyes for Blythe but too chicken to open her head? No problem, here you go with Jasz’s customising tutorial for Blythe
Please note: This tutorial is also available »in portugues at blythe.com.br – Thanks to Ana and Samara ♥
- crochet needle
- cord (I use kite cord, it’s perfect)
- Blythe BL, EBL, SBL, RBL, FBL, Kenner or ADG
1. Turn dolly around. Unlock the spring with the crochet needle and pull carefully until you can see the eyelet.
P.S. Please ignore my yellow finger (ROFL) I just painted orange lips before I took the pics for this tutorial! hahaaaaaaa…
3. Fasten the cord to the eyelet of the spring and put the spring back in her head afterwards.
4. Ta-daaaaaaaa… You are done! Now you have two pullstrings. One to close her eyes and one to open them again.
Please note: Some may say you shouldn’t do sleep-eyes like that because the spring wears out with the time. Me thinks this is blah because the spring is made to be stretched constantly when it is locked. I think it isn’t too bothered to be pulled a few times a day as long as you don’t rip it out of dolly’s head! LOL…
Thanks to Milk, my little model. She is a slightly customised Matrioshka Maiden Blythe and wears *jaszmade fashion for Blythe.
If you have a RBL Blythe the head should open easily. If you are brave enough, just try out Fliss’s tutorial
» RBL Blythe Sleep Eyes *with opening head*
Have fun, Jasz
P.S. Even if I wrote this tutorial, I am not responsible for any damage you cause on Blythe! This is a recommendation only and it works fine when done with love.